Blog FAQ – Estate PlanningDecember 30, 2023
As estate planning professionals we deal with clients at various planning stages. We have found that individuals preparing their estate plan often have similar questions to the ones outlined below. We have not provided answers to these questions as the answers will vary depending on each unique situation. If you have questions similar to the ones below, it may be time to connect with us to discuss estate planning for you.
Common Estate Planning Questions:
- How often do I need to update my estate documents?
- How important is a Power of Attorney and a Personal Directive?
- What happens if I die without a will?
- Is a corporate executor right for my situation?
- How can I protect my assets from creditor claims?
- How can I protect any assets I gift to my children from their creditors and spouses?
- How can I provide for my minor children?
- What is the role of life insurance in estate planning?
- Do I have enough insurance?
- Do I need the life insurance I have?
- How will the preferred shares I own be taxed on my death?
- How will my RRSPs be tax on my death?
- How will the assets held by my family trust be distributed on my death?
- How can the use of a trust help me achieve my estate planning goals?
- Should I be concerned about probate fees and taxes on my death?
- Should me and my spouse do our estate planning together?
- How can I pay as little tax as possible when I die?
- Will my assets be taxed on my death?
- How do I plan for my blended family situation?
- How can I leave money to my child in a way that still encourages them to still work?
- Should I try to wind down my holding company before I die?
- What will be the estimated value of my estate when I die?
If you have questions about estate planning, the advisors at Three60 Wealth can help. Our team of Calgary-based wealth and estate planners can integrate its vast experience and network to create a customized plan for you, your family and your business.
For a truly different financial planning experience, contact our office online or at 403-640-4414 to schedule an introduction meeting.
Authored by: Jason Nagel, Director of Advanced Planning at Three60 Wealth